Monday, December 15, 2008

Maui Report - ANZ, SHAVE MY HEAD PLEASE

The big news from Maui was that I met many men AND WOMEN who would happily present their craniums to Air New Zealand for  a chance to fly from Hawaii to New Zealand.

Andy, who often captains the boat for Mike Severns' Diving said: "Hey, people look at the back of my head every day.  I'd be a great billboard."  Andy's head is actually bigger than mine, so he could actually carry more copy for Air New Zealand than my little ol' head.  Plus, as a scuba diver and great videographer Andy needs to go diving in the Bay of Islands.

Of course, if Air New Zealand would prefer a billboard who plays the ukelele, I met an Hawaiian on my connecting flight from Honolulu to Maui who would also love a chance to visit New Zealand.  His wife (or girlfriend) put a quick stop to his ukelele playing when she emerged from the ladies' room at Kahalui Airport.  I don't think she objected to him being a billboard as much as his serenading me, the lady from the plane with the buzz haircut.

Coolest thing about my current short, short (less than a half inch) hair is that now people think I got this look from a stylist rather than an airline!

No comments: