Friday, November 7, 2008

Day13 as a Billboard



See how many hairs are now on my head?  And yet my Air New Zealand message remains.  Sadly, the Air New Zealand web address is growing more and more obscure.

The hair on my head feels like puppy fur.  When I rub my head on some level, I think, Good Dog - which is not necessarily healthy for my psyche.

Tonight I went to a cocktail party for Green Opportunity, an eco conference at UCLA this weekend.  My shaved head was as welcome at this eco event as it was my gay friend's wedding.  A few guys said they would happily shave their heads and be a billboard in exchange for a ticket to New Zealand.  A few people had been to New Zealand and said it's one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

One woman, however, did admit that she initially thought I was either in chemo therapy or a lesbian -- so I still worry this look may make it difficult to find the right guy.  It's a shame I signed up for Match.com one week before my head shaving.  But then again I wouldn't want to be with someone who lacks a sense of adventure.

No comments: