Friday, November 21, 2008

The journey is what it is all about

My hair is starting to grow back in nicely and the tattoo has completely warn off. My hair should be back to normal before long. I am starting to think about when I want to travel to NZ. I look forward to the trip and all of the cool things to see. As for the hair, honestly I have realized that I really like my hair! LOL. Being a redhead I kind of feel like an important part of my identity was removed. I guess it is because I was used to people making comments on my hair from an early age when they noticed the red color. Now that unique part of my identity has just started to resurface. I think I appreciate it even more now. I am glad I had this experience because it has made me think a little about things like that. Our physical presentation to the world and how that affects how we view ourselves. I think there will be great discoveries and even more experiences ahead on the trip and I look forward to continuing this journey.

No comments: