Monday, November 10, 2008

Will I ever want to come back from NZ?


Now that I've begun planning my New Zealand adventure, I wonder if I'll want to come back.  If you are planning a trip, you may want to check out a few websites:

For scuba diving, I'm planning to go out with Dive Tutukaka - the only activity operator in New Zealand so far who have been awarded the Qualmark Enviro Gold logo and were also founding members of the Northland Sustainable Tourism Charter: www.diving.co.nz 

It looks like I'll spend three days in Tauranga Bay in the Bay of Islands for both cultural and eco adventures including visiting the Waitangi Treaty Grounds (www.waitangi.net.nz), taking a Maori canoe (waka) trip with www.taiamaitours.co.nz and going kayaking with Richard Israel from Northland Sea Kayaking (www.northlandseakayaking.co.nz )

Next there will be sand tobaggoning in Hokianga followed by a forest walk with Maori guides - http://www.footprintswaipoua.co.nz/index.html

and I haven't even researched a visit yet to the wine country from where our Kiwi billboard Paul Carton hails.

ARE YOUR BAGS PACKED YET?

No comments: